Now hiring a qualified, experienced engineer.
In 1998 John C Darden Jr. made the transition from constructing buildings to designing them. Past experience as owner of John C Darden Building Company gave John a unique perspective in creating engineered plans. This point of view allowed him a level of understanding that some building design planners lack. His knowledge that designed plans can crash head first into real world limitations made being flexible a priority. Almost two decades later the Darden Engineering team focuses on tailoring the building design process to our client’s needs. The priority of flexibilty from when John began Darden Engineering transformed into satisfying our clients each and every time we do business. This attitude towards complete client satisfaction is why a significant portion of our clientele are referrals or repeat clients.
Daily Duties includes, but is not limited to:
- Site design;
- Building detailing & layout;
- Structural framing and foundation drawings for residential/commercial projects;
- Structural drawings for marine structures: docks, sea walls, etc.;
- Foundation design for pre-engineered metal buildings;
- County/City submittal requirements: Appendix B, life safety plan, etc.;
- Visits job sites to gain field experience, broaden background, and develop practical engineering; and,
- Consistently utilizes sound judgement and discretion in performance of job functions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- P.E. preferred or ability to acquire PE within 12 months;
- Between 5 – 10 years of relevant experience;
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCad required;
- Experience with Revit preferred but not required;
- Solid computer skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and,
- Outstanding people management and project execution capability.
- Limited travel (10%) – within 50 miles of our Mooresville location
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year